Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Wouldn't It Be Nice

If I posted something?

Now I do have a pretty valid excuse for disappearing there for a while - two weeks - but no reason to go into all of that. I'm back and I guess that's good enough for me. Hope it's good enough for you too. ::smile::

Right now I have a very heavy heart - and to be honest I don't really feel like talking about it. I spent yesterday crying and I know if I proceed to explain my sadness it's just going to be a big 'ol snotfest again. And the truth is - the reason for my tears has absolutely nothing to do with me.  Just a very much loved and admired friend and Tadpole.  I want to do our friend justice, but today just isn't it. Okay?

How's that for honesty?

However I did receive some outstanding Tadpole news - two things, in fact - but for now I am sworn to secrecy by both of my friends, but I have to say both of your "shares" really made my day - and I was able to smile at your happiness. So, win-win there.  I promise to tell as soon as I am given the green light. And don't try and guess the rest of you froglets - there is absolutely no way I think anyone could. heehee

Now I will share some pics - nothing much but it's an exciting time in the pond as we have two seniors in the family. Emily graduates from JMU in December of this year and Evelyn, our baby, will graduate in June 2015.

And then?  That's it.  Come August 2015 we will have an empty nest. I think Evelyn will be the hardest, because she just seems to BE here all the time with me - and then there will be no more "best part of my day" when she walks in the door, no more lunches, no more late night, early morning card games/baking sessions/trouble making/trips to McDonalds.  Ah well...I can worry about that when the time comes - but I do keep threatening her that I am going to homeschool college. We'll call it "Skippy U" or "University of Mom".  As it stands she is leaning hard towards Clemson U, so all my South Carolina Tadpoles get ready. If she is accepted our baby will sweeping your state in a years time.

Oh - the pics?  These are proofs of Evelyn's candid shots for her yearbook. We have yet to get the final set - these were taken Sunday - but we were pretty excited so far.



Please note the wearing of the Converse tennis shoes in the second pic.  We had to convince her that maaaaybe it wasn't such a good look with the dress in the first.  She is her Momma's girl tho'. ::grin::

Yesterday was "National Dog Day". Which, really? I find ridiculous, because?


And finally today is Weenie Wednesday, as so lovingly pointed out by my great friend Mare on FB today. She also has a blog Mare's Updated Nest [but SOMEONE ::ahem:: hasn't posted in a while*.]  I guess it could mean our wiener dog - but no - it's a hot dog kind of day.  I was a little tired of cooking so tonight it's simple hot dogs, baked beans and macaroni salad.  I always throw in a few easy nights - heck most of what I make isn't hard, but I do tire easily - so it's nice to know after a day full of making spaghetti sauce and loaves of french bread yesterday I get a break tonight. YAY!

Now, I think I am going to institute Weenie Wednesday and buy these shirts for the family. If they don't wear 'em they don't get fed.  heehee


Hope you all have a great week.  Y'all are in my thoughts and always in my prayers.
Love and hugs - and don't forget "Smile loudly - because LIFE IS A GIFT".

See ya' on the flipside.

*I know, like I should talk. :D

8 comments:

Juli said...

Youngest needs that shirt. And a hot dog. Apparently I forgot all about dinner.

Anonymous said...

Yep, Skippy U works just fine! So glad my news could cheer you up - can't wait to give you the green light!

Hugs and love,

Biz

p.s. your daughters pictures are BEAUTIFUL! You should be such a proud Momma. :D

ellen abbott said...

there is no way Emily is that old. and I wouldn't worry about Evelyn. so she goes to college next year. she will probably beat you home. just kidding but I expect that girl will find a way to connect with you all the time.

Judy said...

I threatened my youngest with getting my sleeping bag and camping outside her dorm. She was nervous enough about it to ask her dad if I was serious. LOL

Gypsy said...

Evelyn is certainly a beauty!

I've eaten quite a few corn dogs lately - bought a box of 16 - but then I read the list of ingredients! I should have just bought a package of good quality hot dogs or brats!

Take care and hope you're feeling well.

Redhead said...

I think I messed up an earlier comment; if so, bear with me. It is good to hear that your good news can help with the sad. Sometimes it feels like only the sad goes on. The empty nest is something I'd love to try; both kids graduated and got jobs and never left the house! Take good care,
Redhead aka Marilyn

Susan Flett Swiderski said...

"Our" Evelyn is a beauty, and I LOVE that she was wearing Converse.

It's good to see you back in the blogosphere again, kiddo.

Oh, and they're NOT weiners. They're tube steaks. Sounds so much more elegant, dontcha think?

Take care, and I hope you have a super weekend.

12:34

aapkinews said...

a temples gel can help develop hair back. Search for one that has included protein. Meanwhile, use fillers to conceal the slight territories. AAPKI NEWS
AAP KI NEWS